[H-GEN] state of affairs

Arjen Lentz arjen at lentz.com.au
Wed Jan 14 05:22:07 EST 2009

Hi,

On 14/01/2009, at 4:08 PM, Greg Black wrote:
> On 2009-01-13, Robert Brockway wrote:
>> Can't we allow online subscription even if payment has to be done in
>> person.  The two can be reconciled fairly easily.  At least one
>> person at
>> each meeting could hold a receipt book.
>
> Speaking for myself, I can't see the value of this.

There's some overhead in both in-person or online, but the overall
process could be quicker online as there's no physical foo involved.
Costs are not much of an issue, Paypal merchant account takes visa/
mastercard with 2.4% which is better than any bank even with manual
swiper. And yes people could even pay through Paypal then also (but
for credit card no paypal account is required).

> I don't care about a receipt too much, but I really want a
> membership card.

What does a membership card get ya?

> So far, since the last AGM, it's been impossible to renew and get a
> card.
> This seems like a problem that might be solved without too much pain.

Depending on the purpose of the card, some options might be available
to make handing them out less painful.

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com.au)
MySQL Training from $475/day, DBA/Support from $249/month

My blog is at http://arjen-lentz.livejournal.com
OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org