[H-GEN] Room Bookings Update

James Lever j at jamver.id.au
Tue Jan 13 22:47:39 EST 2009

On 14/01/2009, at 12:21 PM, Paul Gearon wrote:

> Initially, I don't believe that HUMBUG was about open source software,
> though it seems to have evolved that way now, and I can see that you
> (Arjen) believe that it is about OSS. So has the club formally moved
> to include OSS (I think it might have, but I'm not so diligent at
> reading minutes of meetings)?

I would like to think that HUMBUG has not explicitly and exclusively
moved to being about just OSS.  This would directly rule out anybody
who uses anything that is not NetBSD, FreeBSD, Linux and their direct
friends.

Solaris and OpenSolaris, Digital Unix , AIX, IRIX, Pyramid....
etc....  I know that not many people actually use those in comparison
to _Linux_, but please, think of the reasons HUMBUG was created.

OSS is good, but it is not the only solution or answer in this world.
It might be a good central focus of the group, but not exclusively and
not to alienate people whose *nix preferences lie elsewhere.