[H-GEN] New Debian Stable Release

Adrian Sutton adrian at symphonious.net
Fri Feb 20 03:12:16 EST 2009

On 20 Feb 2009, at 06:44, Robert Brockway wrote:
> I got a small number of problems on my first dist-upgrade (one of
> them was
> libsasl2).  These were resolved by taking the recommendation to hold
> some
> packages back. After the dist-upgrade and a reboot in to the new
> kernel I
> ran aptitude dist-upgrade again and the last handful of packages
> upgraded.
> So far the etch->lenny has a thumbs up from me.

All the servers I run Debian on have nearly identical setups so once I
worked out the mess I'd caused on the first one by blindly doing
aptitude update, I just repeated the process on the others.  I
probably could have put off the upgrade for quite some time, even with
some packages having been updated early but in the end the upgrade was
simple enough anyway.

> Oh, I was surprised by the release though.  When Lenny was released as
> stable I was in fact backporting packages to Etch to keep us going
> until
> Lenny was released :)

Indeed - I thought I'd seen the Debian upgrade for my lifetime
already.... :)

Running away now....

Adrian Sutton
http://www.symphonious.net