[H-GEN] Who has an old Canon IXUS ?

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 04:38:23 EST 2009

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 14:00:47 +1000 (EST) Arjen Lentz
<arjen at lentz.com.au> wrote:

> Anyone here have an old Canon IXUS they wouldn't mind parting with
> for a modest fee? I do really mean old, like potentially IXUS v3 (3.2
> megapix) or even earlier!

You don't want too early, or some indoor shots will come out blue.

I used to have one, v1 of the firmware I think is the culprit from
memory.

Other than that, it gave sterling service, and I have now upgraded to a
Canon PowerShot.

Also, the panorama mode, when used with hugin panorama creator, is very
easy to use.  Ignore all those complex bells and whistles in hugin,
just use it in fully automated mode.  Throw photos at it, press a
button, wait, go ooohhh.