[H-GEN] BBC News: 40 years of Unix

gavin duley gpd at snoopy.apana.org.au
Thu Aug 20 10:22:24 EDT 2009

On 20 Aug 2009, at 21:44, Benjamin Fowler wrote:

> BBC News is running a front page story about how Unix turns 40 this
> month.

Hurray! Is there a cake?

> I think it's pretty amazing to see the 40th birthday of Unix get
> such high-profile exposure...

Yes. It'd be nice if it meant I could avoid those conversations where
you have to explain that UNIX is an operating system. And then what an
operating system is.

gavin,

--
What if everything is an illusion and nothing exists?  In that case, I
definitely overpaid for my carpet.

What if nothing exists and we're all in somebody's dream?  Or
what's worse, what if only that fat guy in the third row exists?
                 -- Woody Allen, "Without Feathers"

Gavin Duley
<gpd at snoopy.apana.org.au> <gpd at sdf-eu.org>
WWW: http://www.gavinduley.org/