[H-GEN] My nomination for President

matheist76 at westnet.com.au matheist76 at westnet.com.au
Fri Aug 14 19:46:46 EDT 2009

Anthony Towns wrote:
>Apart from the obvious lack of the "Bludging" role in here, how about
>"special" events like organising talks or Software Freedom Day things
>or annual dinners at Montezumas or Open Day stalls or similar?

These are things that have been handled by the Event coordinator. This is a non-Exec role that is appointed by the Exec. The amount of work done by the Event coordinator is largely dependent on what else they have on their plate as well as the enthusiasm they have for the job. I currently have that position. You can find out more about what the Event Coordinator does here at http://www.humbug.org.au/Exec/EventCoordinator .

>It might also possibly be worth considering the responsibility of
>republishing talk videos and/or slides (linking them from the website,
>getting them onto bittorrent and/or mirror.linux.org.au, etc).

I can see where you are coming from. I do not think this should be an Exec role. I think it might be better for the Talks Liaison to take on these tasks. This has already been stated on the Talks Liaison page of the HUMBUG wiki which you can find here at http://www.humbug.org.au/Exec/TalksLiaison . So far I have had no argument but that may just be due to the fact that no body knows.
Cheers. Again it is also a position that I currently hold.

While I currently hold both positions I do will not stand in the way of anyone willing to take over. Please contact the Exec if you wish to do so as both are Exec appointed roles and that means I can not simply hand them over.

Matthew Franklin (HUMBUG Librarian, Talks Liaison, Event Coordinator)