[H-GEN] My nomination for President

Res res at ausics.net
Thu Aug 13 05:56:33 EDT 2009

On Thu, 13 Aug 2009, Russell Stuart wrote:

> Did I mention private Wiki pages recently?  In any case, you'll get no
> objection from me on keeping Wiki pages with account numbers, passwords
> and personal details private.  I could imagine a few members would have

> I know I said there should be a list of financial members on the Wiki.
> This was only because we need such a list on meeting nights so we know
> who can close.  The list I envisaged with be just be a list of Wiki

That's only as secure as the wiki itself, something I would be rather
concerned about, nothing can really beat a database with a purpose written
php site that decides who sees what, or, at the very least but nowhere
near as flexible, sits securely behind an apache access control for the site.

Over the years I have had to lock and restore too many sites for clients
(who admittedly have NFI) due to careless configurations and failure to
understand the consequences of their actions when it comes to protecting
other peoples privacy,too many people google and use the first bit of
crappy written code they can plagiarise without understanding or vetting it.

--
Res

-Beware of programmers who carry screwdrivers