[H-GEN] Hot off the press. Russell's Video

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Mon Aug 3 00:30:01 EDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 17:32 +0800, matheist76 at westnet.com.au wrote:
>                   We now have Russell's Video online and working as a
> torrent. You can upload the new torrent from the HUMBUG website
> http://www.humbug.org.au/Talks?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=humbug25_07_09.ogg.torrent . While the video quality isn't brilliant overall the video is better than the last one.

I would like to give Matthew a big public thank you for doing this.

I have watched the entire thing a number of times now.  Having seen
myself in action, I find it difficult to believe anybody other than me
could actually sit through the entire video.  I spent much of my time
staring at the floor pondering my next words, battling with video and
laptop issues and when not doing either of those things scratching my
chin.  I am amazed you all sat so quietly through the thing at the
time.

Technically, the sound was surprisingly good.  The video was very
average.  My guess is the camera doesn't cope with the low light very
well.

Be that as it may, I found it very useful.  As a learning tool.
Hopefully I will do much better next time.  Without the video there was
almost no chance of that.