[H-GEN] Queensland OpenSolaris UG

James C. McPherson James.C.McPherson at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 21:58:46 EDT 2008

Hi everybody,
at long last, there's now a Queensland OpenSolaris UserGroup.

-----announcement email-----
The Queensland OpenSolaris User Group is Alive! | 09/29/2008

The Queensland Brach of Sun Microsystems Australia, is pleased to
announce the launch of the OpenSolaris User Group.

The aim of this User Group is to assist our Customers, Partners and
interested parties in strengthening the Sun and OpenSolaris community in
Queensland.

We hope that this community will drive and increase participation and
collaboration amongst the greater user community.

Over the next couple of weeks, we will announce and provide timelines
for our planned activities.

These will include Bi-Monthly technical meetings and catchup at our
offices, customer presentations / site visits, as well as a mailing list
being established.

So to kick things off, I'd like to ask the greater community for their
input towards our Inaugural User Group meeting.

     * What are the topics you you like to cover ?
     * Do you want a technical discussion/presentation on a specific
issue/problem/topic ?
     * What do you want to get out from this community ?
     * Would you prefer an lunch-time or afternoon meeting ?

Any other feedback or comments are much appreciated.
-----announcement email-----

If you're interested in OpenSolaris (or Solaris, for that matter),
I encourage you to join the mailing list
(http://mail.opensolaris.org/mailman/listinfo/ug-qosug).

Cheers,
James C. McPherson
(jmcp at opensolaris.org / jmcp at Sun.COM)
--
Solaris kernel software engineer, system admin and troubleshooter
               http://www.jmcp.homeunix.com/blog