[H-GEN] printer recommendations

Ted Percival ted at midg3t.net
Mon Sep 15 21:08:48 EDT 2008

Peter Robinson wrote:
> I am in the market to buy a new printer to run with Ubuntu on my home
> network. I am looking at either a colour laser or inkjet.

I recently set up a Brother DCP-150C (colour inkjet/multi-function) and
found their Linux drivers quite good. They provide Debs (and RPMs) with
installation instructions.

Brother's Linux driver page is http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/

The most daunting thing was configuring udev to make the scanner
accessible to all users, but they have specific instructions for each
distro: http://solutions.brother.com/linux/en_us/instruction_scn1c.html
. It's really just adding one or two lines to a config file then rebooting.

Everything works.