[H-GEN] agm - agenda item - meeting times

Clinton Roy clinton.roy at gmail.com
Sat Sep 13 07:12:27 EDT 2008

Hey folks,

One thing which has been very difficult this year has been to get
someone to agree
to pack up the meeting. My take on this is that the late finish time
is too difficult for
most people to commit to.

I'd like to propose finishing humbug meetings at a reasonable hour,
half past ten, for an
eleven o'clock  departure. This gives people a chance of getting home
before midnight,
and not ruining their Sunday.

This still gives us a seven hour meeting, which is more than enough
time for any task.
I strongly believe opening up the executive to a wider range of people
is in the best
interests of the club.

Personally, I won't be running for an executive position unless the
closing times are made
more reasonable.

cheers,
--