[H-GEN] archive.humbug.org.au

Benjamin Fowler somelamer567 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 18:22:46 EDT 2008

Hi all,

On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 11:11 PM, Russell Stuart
<russell-humbug at stuart.id.au> wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-09-11 at 10:56 +0100, Benjamin Fowler wrote:
>> Who's supposed to be looking after HUMBUG's web assets these days?
>>
>> archive.humbug.org.au, at any given moment, appears to be either down
>> or horribly out of date (the index pages, anyway!) at any given point
>> in time.
>
> The mailing list software changed to MailMan some years ago.
> MailMan stores its archives at lists.humbug.org.au.
> archive.humbug.org.au holds stuff from the pre-MailMan days
> only.

That was what I originally thought too.  I've only posted much
recently, long after MailMan was introduced (I didn't care for
Majordomo much, so I remember).  This was _ages_ ago.

Then I found this:

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=somelamer567

Those search results include a post to H-GEN made by me only a couple
of months ago (a post begging for recommendation for good comp geom
books, which, BTW, nobody bothered to answer).  It looks like _some_
archiving is still going on... stuff is getting partially indexed, but
the index pages on archive.humbug.org.au don't reflect this.

Feel free to prove me wrong though -- wouldn't be the first time :)

Cheers,

Ben.