[H-GEN] Silly bit of phone cable.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Sun Nov 30 20:52:22 EST 2008

I need a silly bit of phone cable installed into my place.

Background story -

I'm currently using iBurst (wireless broadband), but the iBurst network
gets turned off on the 19th.  My ISP has offered free ADSL2+
installation as a replacement, which I had been looking at already.  I
live in a boarding house (old Queenslander), plenty of phone lines to
other rooms, but none to mine.  Easy access to the cabling under the
floor.  My ISP kept telling me the ADSL installer guy might install that
cable if I "throw him a slab of beer" or "if he's a nice guy".  Well,
he was too busy to do that today, so did not even start the install.

Buy a phone extension lead, cut one end off, drop it through a hole in
the floor, nail it under the floor, and screw the wires into place.
It's not hard, but needs to be done by someone that is allowed to do it
legally.

I'm on a tight budget, and a deadline.  Anybody know someone that can do
this for me cheaply?