[H-GEN] adsl ubuntu help

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 20:27:01 EST 2008

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 10:29 AM, robbo piper <robbopiper at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've looked at some adsl plans but they all seem to say system requirements are windows/mac and I run ubuntu.

You'll find those are the support requirements. It means they can't
provide you phone support to help you get your connection sorted.

At the end of the day, you'll get a device that authenticates to the
ISP and provides a DHCP server. You can just plug your computer in via
ethernet and expect it to work without a drama.

You can use http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/ for comparison of plans.

--
Stephen Thorne

"Give me enough bandwidth and a place to sit and I will move the world."
  --Jonathan Lange