[H-GEN] stupid needs help - sudo and hostname

Murray McAllister murray.mcallister at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 21:40:48 EDT 2008

[snip]
>> 3: Add something like the following:
>>
>> 127.0.0.1       localhost.localdomain   localhost       netserv
>>
>> Hope that helps...
>
> Sure does.  I'll give that a go.  Thanks.

I am still a bit lost on what machine is what. The 'netserv' part
should be set in /etc/hosts on the machine that you want to be called
netserv.

In case you don't already know, the format of /etc/hosts is:

ip address     fully qualified domain name      aliases

I don't think there is a limit on aliases. In the example above,
'localhost' and 'netserv' will both resolve to 127.0.0.1

Cheers,

Murray.