[H-GEN] Mandriva Worldwide Installfest - June 14 Mandriva 2008 Spring (2008.1)

Simon Ellis ellis777 at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jun 1 23:38:01 EDT 2008

Hello everyone.

June 14, 2008, is the date for Mandriva's Worldwide Installfest of Mandriva
Linux
2008 Spring (2008.1).

As this coincides with a regular HUMBUG meeting  we will conduct an
Installfest for Mandriva Linux 2008 Spring. Those wishing to try Mandriva
Linux Spring are welcome to come along and receive assistance with the
installation. I have obtained some Live CD's etc. and these will be
available on the day.

Mandriva has returned to a 6 month release schedule and this is Mandriva's
second release for the year. The 2008 releases are very refined, stable and
with very few bugs.Congratulations to Mandriva.

I believe this is primarily due to Anne Nicholas being appointed Director of
Engineering in May 2007, her philosophy and her Team.

There is a short interview with her on Distrowatch

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20071022#interview

Congratulations to Anne and her Team.

Thank you.

Regards,