[H-GEN] New FreeBSD CVSup and WWW Mirror in Brisbane

Edwin Groothuis edwin at mavetju.org
Sat Jul 19 22:01:07 EDT 2008

Forwarded as FYI.

----- Forwarded message from John Marshall <john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au> -----

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 08:51:11 +1000
From: John Marshall <john.marshall at riverwillow.com.au>
Subject: [BUGS] New FreeBSD CVSup and WWW Mirror in Brisbane

Good Morning Fellow BUGS,

Some of you already know (from IRC) that we are hosting a FreeBSD CVSup and
WWW mirror in Brisbane. The mirror is now an "official" FreeBSD mirror and
answers to:

  cvsup3.au.freebsd.org (CVSup Mirror)
    www2.au.freebsd.org (WWW Mirror)

Please contact me via this mailing list, or directly, if you have
questions/suggestions/problems relating to this mirror.

Thanks to Jarrod (hostmaster at au) for making the necessary arrangements.

CVSup Mirror
- No GNATS

WWW Mirror
----------
- Built daily from CVS source
- All languages
- Documentation is FORMATS=html-split
  (we don't include entire books or articles as single pages)

Server Details
--------------
- Intel Core2 Duo CPU
- 1GB RAM
- 100Mbps Ethernet network connection
- FreeBSD 7.0
- Lives in a Brisbane hosting facility operated by Oz Servers Pty Ltd
- Data Centre connects to the Internet via 1Gbps Ethernet connections to:
  - Optus
  - AAPT
  - uecomm
- It's real job is to host customer stuff

Plug for Hosting Provider
-------------------------
I highly recommend Oz Servers <http://www.ozservers.com.au/> to anyone
looking for a high-quality reasonably-priced Australian hosting facility. We
have used them for over 12 months now. The operations staff are competent,
real people with a "can do" attitude (they don't follow a script).

--
John Marshall
Riverwillow Pty Ltd

----- End forwarded message -----