[H-GEN] Free stuff!

Benjamin Fowler somelamer567 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 16 23:42:47 EST 2008

Hello all!

Since I've been abroad and cluttered my parents' garage with all my
junk for so long, my old lady has put her foot down and said 'Some of
this stuff has /got/ to go'... so I've had to do a cleanout of all my
computer hardware and books.

Below is a list of the stuff being given away.  See anything you like?

Well, there's one small problem.  I want to take this stuff in to
Brisbane and give it all away at the meeting on the 27th of December.
However, it's all sitting in a big and very heavy box in my garage in
Parkwood (not far from the Smith Street turnoff), and needs to get to
HUMBUG somehow.  Ideally, I would like to scrounge a lift off
somebody, and the quid pro quo would be that the generous helper would
get first go at the stuff.

Anybody interested?  Please get in touch by email.

See you all at HUMBUG!

Cheers, Ben.

Tektronix XP217C X terminal and working power supply (the PSUs are as
rare as hen's teeth!)
Digital 10/100 PCI network card
2 x 3COM 100/100baseTX 16-bit PC card network adapters (one with RJ45
dongle on end, other without)

PHP and MySQL Web Development (Welling and Thomson)
PC Architecture and Assembly Language
Inside Windows 95 (Adrian King)
Data Structures and Algorithm Analysis in C (Weiss)
Graphics File Format, 2nd Edition (Kay and Levine)
Information Modeling: Specification and Implementation (Edmond)
Discrete-Event System Simulation (Banks and Carson)
Windows Programming under the Hood of MFC (Draxler)
Structures, or Why Things Don't Fall Down (Gordon)
An Introduction to Mathematical Statistics and its Applications
(Larsen, Marx)
The Architecture of Computer Hardware and Systems Software: An
Information Technology Approach (Englander)
Computer Networks, 3rd Edition (Tanenbaum)
Emerging Communications Technologies (Black)
Applied Cryptography (first edition), (Schneier)
Inside Distributed COM (Eddon and Eddon)
Hardcore Visual Basic (McKinney)
Problems Solving and Program Design in C, second edition (Hanly and
Koffman)
Artificial Intelligence: Structures and Strategies for Complex Problem
Solving (Luger and Stubblefield)
Principles of Expert Systems (Lucas and Van der Gaag)
The Art of Molecular Dynamics Simulation (Rapaport)
Principles of Interactive Computer Graphics (Newman, Sproull)
In the Mind of the Machine (Warwick)
Business Data Communications (Panko)
Practical Object-Oriented Development in C++ and Java (Horstmann)
The Science of Secrecy (Singh)
IBM PC Assembly Language and Programming (Abel)
Java in a Nutshell, 3rd Edition (Flanagan)
An Introduction to Formal Specification and Z (Potter, Sinclair, Till)
Programming from Specification (Morgan)
The Rise and Resurrection of the American Programmer (Yourdon)
UNIX Network Programming (Stevens)
UNIX for Programmers and Users (Glass)
UML Distilled
O'Reilly Programming Jakarta Structs (Cavaness)
Technical Writing (Reep)
5-Phase Project Management (Weiss and Wysocki)
Fundamentals of Database Systems (Elmasri and Navathe)
A Guide to LaTeX 2E (Kopka and Daly)
The Design of Everyday Things
O'Reilly Programming with curses
Algorithms in C++ (Sedgewick)
Why Things Bite Back: Technology and the Revenge of Unintended
Consequences (Tenner)
Forth Programming (Scanlon)
Advanced Programming in the UNIX Environment (Stevens)