[H-GEN] LCA 2010 Bid Submission

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Fri Aug 29 10:20:54 EDT 2008

I have submitted our bid for LCA 2010.  At least I hope I
have.  The link I am on was sold to us as a 4Mb pipe, but
I have seen POTS modems run faster over wet string.  Whatever
DNS server I am using does work on about every third try, so
can't be called a total loss.  Still, I guess better than
nothing, and nothing is what I had in the motel room despite
having a wired connection, so now I am sitting in the open in
the freezing bloody cold as this only wifi access point I
could find.

The final draft from Brisbane Marketing arrived last this
afternoon while I was at work.  It was in Word 2003 format.
That came tantalising close to loading successfully into Open
Office; it reliably got a segfault after about 10 minutes of
opening it.  But I found it you were quick you could edit a
bit and save it before it crashed, so I managed to massage it
into something useful.  Not what I was wanting, but good
enough.  Besides we get to submit updated versions for the
next two weeks.

I have now tried to email it though to linux-aus.  I don't
know whether an attachment will make it through so I sent a
link and an attachment.  I would verify it made it to the
list, except it appears both www.linux.org.au and
lists.linux.org.au are down.

So here it is:

http://www.stuart.id.au/lcawiki/BidDocument/Bid?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=080829-Bid_LCA2010.pdf

Could some of you check if it made it, and if not send it
again for me?  I can't sit here any longer as my battery is
about to go flat.