[H-GEN] IP Chains question

Andrew Pullin andrew at hotspurbgc.com.au
Sun Sep 9 21:26:46 EDT 2007

Hi Guys (and Gals),

My ISP has decided that I need a new range of IP addresses since he has
changed over his addresses to a different range. I am quite confident in
changing the network over, but I am quite inexperienced in the use of IP
Chains.

When I set up my network, I had a friendly HUMBUGer assist me in locking
down the system with IP Chains and I have never had either any problems, nor
needed to change the original configuration. Now I will need to change the
configuration, and being basically lazy (like many *nix users), I don't want
to learn (right now) the intricassies of IP Chains for just one job. I just
want a quick and dirty (but safe and secure) method to change the IP Chains
config file until I can get the time to learn it properly.

So my question is:

Can I do something simple like a search and replace of my new IP Address
range for the old IP address range in the config file, or do I need to
rebuild the file from some tool or some other convoluted method.

As I said, I only need to do this once, so I really don't want to spend
hours(days) researching this for one job. So if anyone can help, or if
anyone is willing to come over and spend half an hour in Zillmere/Aspley for
free or some small token fee (six pack of beer etc). I would be most
appreciative. The change over will probably occur in the next week or so, so
I need to know soonish.

Thanks in advance

Cheers!

Andrew