[H-GEN] Testing of WRT54GL for OSDC

James Iseppi lists at iseppi.org
Mon Oct 29 22:34:41 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,

We have been informed of a problem with the WRT54GL's that we'll be
using to provide wireless access at OSDC. They apparently crash once
more than 32 clients are associated with them. I'm wanting to test
this under some real load, so i thought this coming HUMBUG on
November 3 would be perfect. If anyone who is attending this meeting
could bring along as many 802.11bg devices as they can manage, it
would be appreciated. I would like to try and conduct the test around
6pm, so if anyone who wants to help test this could be at HUMBUG by
then it would be appreciated. We have a couple of solutions to test,
if the issue raises its head, so it might take up to an hour to do
all the testing. If you are able to help with this, please respond
directly to me with how many devices you can provide. Remember that 1
device per person will make a big difference, but don't hold back if
you have more.

Thanks
James Iseppi