[H-GEN] Feasibility of setting up a 'Members only' e-mail address on a linux box?

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Wed Mar 21 10:58:55 EDT 2007

On Wed, 21 Mar 2007, David Powell (Moondrake) wrote:

> So my initial thought was some sort of whitelist setup to block
> non-members emails to a specific members-only e-mail address.  I've
> since remembered that our mail server uses procmail as the MDA - so the

Procmail is the king of mail filtering.  You can filter in pretty much any
way you choose if you want to use procmail.  Just _test it first_.
Procmail is unforgiving of configuration errors but you can setup a mail
backup easily.

There is a lot of procmail experience on this list.  Many of us having
been using it for years so if you want to explore this avenue I'm sure
you'll get useful help.

Did I mention that procmail is unforgiving of configuration errors?

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073
OpenTrend Solutions Ltd      Email:          support at opentrend.net
                              Web:            www.opentrend.net
Contributing Member of Software in the Public Interest