[H-GEN] Attachment sent as .pdf arrives as .dat - any clues?

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 01:31:47 EST 2007

On 3/7/07, moondrake at aanet.com.au <moondrake at aanet.com.au> wrote:h
> Any clues as to what the problem might be would be appreciated.

An essential step of debugging what's going on with an email is to
read the entire email, including all its headers.

This is more or less impossible with outlook+exchange, so i recommend
you send it to someone who can read it in a real email client using a
real smtp server.

Feel free to send me an email with a pdf attachment on firstname at
lastname dot id dot au, and I can tell you if the problem is with your
email server. If it isn't, the best course of action would be to
contact the sysadmins of the users who are having this problem, and
invite them along to humbug.

--
Stephen Thorne

"Give me enough bandwidth and a place to sit and I will move the world."
  --Jonathan Lange