[H-GEN] A quick question about squid

Russell Stuart russell-humbug at stuart.id.au
Sun Jun 24 22:42:44 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-25 at 12:10 +1000, Anthony Irwin wrote:
> Anyway I was wondering if it is possible to set up delay pools for
> certain web sites like youtube and not slow the connection down on a
> local ip address but on remote web sites so users have a fast
> connection for most things and a slower connection for the high
> bandwidth sites like youtube.

Assuming you already know how to set up squid delay pools,
the answer is relatively simple.  Whether a delay pool is
used or not is controlled by squid's delay_access
configuration parameter.  You must _deny_ access to the
delay pools for anything site that isn't going to be
throttled.  Eg:

acl video url_regex ^https?://[^/]*[.]youtube.com/.*

.
.
.

delay_pools  1