[H-GEN] adsl + wifi + router

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Sat Jun 9 18:54:12 EDT 2007

Mike,

If this is for a simple home network I suggest you go with
the suggestions given to you. I highly recommend NetGear
equipment too or Billion. Either or :)

Essentialyl you just need what's typically called:
 "ADSL Wireless Router/Gateway" The product name varies.

I run a little bit more of an elaborate solution at home
which includes:
 * Pentium III running MikroTik RouterOS (3 Network Cards).
 * NetGear DM602 ADSL Modem
 * D-Link DWL-G700AP Wireless AP.
 * 8 Port 100Mbps switch.

I run 3 web servers off this and share the internet conenction
with my 3 flatmates using the wireless ap. It has a tight
firewall and shares our bandwidth equally amongst our
wireless connections using Queues.

Food for thought :)

cheers
James