[H-GEN] Trying to code something Scriptable?

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 02:07:50 EDT 2007

On 7/16/07, De Crow <crowaust at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have a bunch of files, some include the data that I want and some that
> don't. I want to retrieve the data and output it to a Single file. Is there
> anyway to automate this?
>
> Data in the files that have data is in the format:
>
> <Junk I don't need>Name" value="<Data Part1>"<Junk I don't need>to"
> value="<Data Part2>"<Junk I don't need>
>
> I want to output a text file/CSV
>
> "<Data Part1>","<Data Part2>","Automated message"

It should be reasonably simple to do this with a regular expression or
two. An input file would help in order to be able to establish the
level of complexity required, I can't show an example without knowing
how much data I have to /not/ match, and how much whitespace is
involved.

It's too bad you misses Clinton's most excellent ANTLR talk the other
night. This is exactly the sort of nut that would be fun to crack
using ANTLR.

Is this HTML? There are  HTML parsers that would be able to help here.

--
Stephen Thorne

"Give me enough bandwidth and a place to sit and I will move the world."
  --Jonathan Lange