[H-GEN] Software Freedom Day

Clinton Roy clinton.roy at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 00:14:25 EDT 2007

On 7/10/07, Anthony Irwin <anthony at irwinresources.com> wrote:

> If no one else is willing to do it then I would seriously consider it
> providing I can get information from people who did it in the past
> like where they held it previously and how they thought it went and
> recommendations in general from people who attended on what they feel
> is required or could be done better.

I'm quite happy to help out on the day(s).

Being planned before hand seems to be the key. If you get a group
together soon enough you can get a lot of cds and stuff from software
freedom day guys. Something that seemed to work last year (or the year
before?) was a stand at the sunday computer markets, they seemed quite
responsive, just don't leave it to the last minute.

I seem to remember it raining cats and dogs last year. Perhaps having
people giving away cds in the city, with directions to a better place
for demos (perhaps the new library in the city) might work.

I've got an old LCA banner, that's about it ;)

cheers,
--
Clinton Roy
CSIRO - Robotics Platform Engineer