[H-GEN] Re: Re: X locks up desktop, even with live cds

Anthony Irwin anthony at server101.com
Wed Feb 28 23:05:36 EST 2007

Troy Piggins wrote:

> I tried cedega, well actually before it was called cedega -
> transgaming?

Transgaming is the company that makes cedega. The latest cedega I
tried was one from December and it had a complete gui for installing
apps and a menu with a list of all your installed games you pretty
much just select which one you want to play and your off.

>> For a three month subscription its like $15us and you can don't have
>> to keep a subscription going to keep using it only to get updates. I
>> get the latest version every so often but don't really play games.
>
> Yeah.  But if I play games in WinXP I don't have to pay anything
> :)

$15 every so often to get newer versions isn't that much seeing the
gaming world trends is to play online games with monthly fees. I guess
it depends on what you want, I don't have any windows boxes so cedega
is a good choice for me if I want to play around every now and then
with some games.

But then again there a quite a few good games for linux but they won't
match up to the latest and greatest commercial games graphics wise but
they are still a lot of fun and seeing I don't have a graphics card to
handle the latest games its nice to have the older style games that
linux provides.

Kind Regards,
Anthony Irwin