[H-GEN] Linux Distribution for A Dell Poweredge 840?

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Tue Feb 27 20:41:24 EST 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Adrian Sutton wrote:

> If it's still too slow we'll probably have to investigate other
> virtualization products or just not use virtualization at all.

I highly recommend virtualisation for low-medium demand services.  A lot
of good virtualisation technologies exist with pros and cons.  I've been
putting Qemu (http://www.qemu.org) to good use for the last couple of
years.  The kqemu kernel module has finally been GPLed too[1].

[1] The kqemu module was formerly under a weird non-OSS license that
allowed free download but not redistribuion.  It was recently and quietly
changed to the GPL.

Cheers,

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073
OpenTrend Solutions Ltd      Email:          support at opentrend.net
                              Web:            www.opentrend.net
Contributing Member of Software in the Public Interest