[H-GEN] Linux Distribution for A Dell Poweredge 840?

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Tue Feb 27 18:27:28 EST 2007

On 2/28/07, Adrian Sutton <adrian at symphonious.net> wrote:
> Dell officially support SUSE and RedHat, but have reports of success
> running Debian on various PowerEdge servers listed on their website.

Dell really have their shit together for support of Redhat distros
these days. RHEL and Fedora..

You can get all the offical support packages installed using yum using
the instructions here: http://linux.dell.com/yum/software/

We use Centos to host our VMWare Server machines on IBM servers. It's
relatively pain free. Just as a datapoint.

--
Stephen Thorne

"Give me enough bandwidth and a place to sit and I will move the world."
  --Jonathan Lange