[H-GEN] Eric S Raymond ditches Fedora for Ubuntu

gavin duley gpd at snoopy.apana.org.au
Fri Feb 23 02:10:28 EST 2007

On 23 Feb 2007, at 16:47, McBofh wrote:

> [ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug
> and     ]
> [ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will
> vanish. ]
>
> Anthony Irwin wrote:
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-February/
>> msg01006.html
>
> Great.... so now the gun nut has migrated after a dummy spit.

Sounds typical of him

> /me sends a sympathy packet to the Ubuntu Community.

I'm a Debian user. I just hope that Debian is too much 'insistent on
narrow "free software" ideological purity' (as he puts it) to warrant
a side-glance from him ;-)

> Is it appropriate to throw my fedora in the air for joy?

Yes.

> I certainly liked Alan Cox's response:
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2007-February/
> msg01021.html

Thanks for pointing that one out -- it was a good antidote to ESR's
post.

> Seriously, why does anybody really care what ESR says or does?

It's a mystery to me.

gavin,

--
Time is an illusion, lunchtime doubly so.
         -- The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Gavin Duley
<gpd at snoopy.apana.org.au> <gpd at sdf-eu.org>
WWW: http://gpd.sdf-eu.org/