[H-GEN] C programming idioms

bjf at bjf.id.au bjf at bjf.id.au
Fri Feb 16 07:53:18 EST 2007

Hi All,

I've recently been doing a little coding in C in my spare time
(scratching some small personal itches mostly).  The trouble is, while
I work as a Java developer, I haven't done C since second year at
university.

The issue here isn't really my knowledge of the language itself; C is
a simple language at its heart; it's the fact that in order to be a
good C programmer, you must know various idioms and best practices to
write good, maintainable code.

My question to the collective consciousness is, what resources do the
professional C developers here use as tutorials and references to get
this more advanced knowledge that you typically don't find in the
"Teach Yourself C for Dummies in 24 Hours" kind of books?

Regards,

Ben.