[H-GEN] Questions about the Wireless Broadband Modems and linux compatibility.

Nikolai Lusan nikolai at lusan.id.au
Mon Dec 17 07:49:39 EST 2007

On Sun, 2007-12-16 at 20:12 +1100, Edwin Groothuis wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 06:10:14PM +1000, Neville C. Dempsey wrote:
> > In short: Which providers modem dongle/card works with Linux?
>
> Not Linux, but I got the Huawei E220 G3 USB modem working with
> FreeBSD this weekend.

We played with one of those at my last employer 6 months ago, I didn't
like it, it was a pain in the butt to get going.

With key information dragged from
http://thinkleft.com/3_MobileBroadband_APN_and_PPP I got a Merlin XU870
(PCExpress card with an adapter for CardBus) from Three working
today ... Now I have a tablet with mobile net access for work :)

--
Nikolai Lusan <nikolai at lusan.id.au>