[H-GEN] Availability to help very new user (was: Fwd: Me and Linux)

Rohan Walsh rohan_walsh at yahoo.com.au
Fri Apr 27 01:28:08 EDT 2007

Hi Everyone,
I'm usually a lurker on this list, however, I replied to this saying I
would help. There has been some delay, much due to Glenn not having his
computer yet, but soon I am going to do this install.

Issues:
1 - Glenn is very lacking in knowledge of computers. To give you an
idea, he rang me asking for help setting up email but didn't have a net
connection.
2 - I am not going to be available to help him after the install, even
online, for quite some time.

I was going to install CentOS5 + Dag, but if HUMBUG or someone on the
list is going to help him learn, I will install what is your preference.

Glenn lacks knowledge, but appears to be willing and able to learn. His
reasons to try linux are at least partly ideological, so he will likely
be willing to put in the effort.

So:
Will anyone help this guy?
What distro do you want installed?
What lists/pages ought I point him towards? (Yes, I know ESR's page,
already on my list)

Cheers
Rohan
PS: sorry for top posting, the message came to me already like that.

On Mon, 2007-04-02 at 23:07 +1000, Johann Kwiatkowski wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
> Glenn is looking for some help in regards to setting up a dual boot
> box, can anyone help?
>

> cheers
>

> Johann
>
> Begin forwarded message: