[H-GEN] Brisbane Linux development jobs

Menno Smits menno at freshfoo.com
Tue Mar 7 01:19:08 EST 2006

Hi all,

Two Brisbane based employment opportunities that may be of interest to
Humbug members. Disclaimer: I'm not involved with the company in any
way. I just know some of the staff there.

Please send applications to: careers.australia at leica-geosystems.com

Menno

Contract Software Test case developer (Contract)
An opportunity exists for a Software Development Test Consultant to join
our team for a contract role. The successful applicant will have:
- strong knowledge of scripting languages (such as Perl, Python or
   other)
- a minimum of 2 years experience developing &/or configuring software
   test environments
- demonstrated experience in developing test scripts in a real-time
   embedded environment (automated regression, release and module
   testing)
- experience with real time embedded (Linux preferred) systems
- good communication skills
- the ability to work autonomously or in a team environment

Linux/ Senior Linux C/C++ Developer (permanent/ or contract)
An exciting opportunity exists for a Linux Developer to join one of our
small, dynamic Machine Automation project teams. The chief function of
this role is to develop new software modules that will form the core
Leica’s all new machine automation platform. This role will include
working closely with Leica's worldwide R&D offices and other development
partners to integrate and optimise the latest in measurement and
communication technologies.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Linux Programmer with
- relevant IT or Engineering qualifications
- demonstrated working knowledge of Linux and embedded systems,
- C/C++ programming skills,
- an understanding of drivers and other kernel level operations,
  -the ability to develop software to work with existing API's,
  -strong communication skills,
- experience in GPS, CAN, networking and wireless technologies is a
   major advantage
- strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- practical knowledge of current developments in technology
- Some domestic and international travel will be required for this
   position.