[H-GEN] UTF-8 vs ISO-8859-1

Greg Black gjb at gbch.net
Fri Jun 23 01:47:54 EDT 2006

On 2006-06-23, Troy Piggins wrote:
> * Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net> :
>> On 2006-06-23, Troy Piggins wrote:
>>> * Greg Black <gjb at gbch.net> :

>>> I see your mail above there, but not mine or other replies.  Maybe
>>> it's a proxy/caching problem this end.  Apologies if it is...
>>
>> Well, I just checked the archives as shown above, and every
>> message in this thread so far is there.  The mailman archive is
>> certainly functioning as it should.  You might need to look at
>> incorrect caches, etc.
>
> My bad - I was being lazy and for some reason wasn't looking at
> http://lists.humbug.org.au/archives/general
>
> I was looking at http://archive.humbug.org.au/humbug-general

That's why I was carefully giving you the URLs to use.  And also
trying to convince other people to use them too.

> Interestingly, your mails[1] are already in the archive but none of the
> others.
>
> [1]
> http://archive.humbug.org.au/humbug-general/2006-06/msg00023.html
> http://archive.humbug.org.au/humbug-general/2006-06/msg00024.html

The archive at archive.humbug.org.au has been prone to a variety
of problems in recent times.  I've noticed that there are often
periods when you can't get anything out of it at all.  However,
the automatic archives at lists.humbug.org.au/archives have been
reliable and useful for ages and I would recommend that approach
to the list archives for all the lists and for everybody.

Cheers, Greg