[H-GEN] Converting csv file to tab delimited text file

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Wed Jun 7 02:39:07 EDT 2006

On 6/7/06, Kelvin Heng <kelvinheng at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I have attached the sample.csv, if you open the file using vim, you will see
> that each field is tagged using "" and separated by ,

Hm. This seems like a simple problem, and here's a relatively simple,
complete solution.

I'm afraid my tendancies got the better of me, and while I set out to
write a simple script to do this, I wrote a simple script, and put it
in version control, packaged it, and now here we have:

Get it out of revision control:
darcs get http://shiny.thorne.id.au/~stephen/csvconvert/

Get a tarball, rpm or srpm from:
http://shiny.thorne.id.au/~stephen/csvconvert-dist/

Usage is:
csvconvert -f inputfile -o outputfile

csvconvert --help for more information.

For a different dialect than 'excel' and 'excel-tab', I will readily
accept patches. Thankyou.
--
Stephen Thorne

"Give me enough bandwidth and a place to sit and I will move the world."
  --Jonathan Lange