[H-GEN] Dell notebooks, a lap warming experience.

Stephen Thorne stephen.thorne at gmail.com
Tue Jul 25 18:40:21 EDT 2006

When I want to feel good and read some bashing of corporations, I
often turn to internet publications such as consumerist.com, who are
often quite scathing of just about everyone.

But in the case of the lapwarming computers, they compare dell vs.
macbook and find them both to be well within normal temperature
ranges:

http://consumerist.com/consumer/apple/dell-vs-macbook-reveals-tepid-warmth-not-exciting-scalding-187967.php

The bit about the lithium ion batteries leaking and causing macbooks
to explode is probably a more exciting read.

http://consumerist.com/consumer/laptop/dell-liar-liar-laptop-on-fire-188895.php
--
Stephen Thorne

"Give me enough bandwidth and a place to sit and I will move the world."
  --Jonathan Lange