[H-GEN] security update mailing lists?

Anthony Irwin anthony at server101.com
Thu Jul 13 02:22:55 EDT 2006

Troy Piggins wrote:

>[ Humbug *General* list - semi-serious discussions about Humbug and     ]
>[ Unix-related topics. Posts from non-subscribed addresses will vanish. ]
>
>Does anyone know of a good mailing list, usenet group, or website to
>frequent that has the latest security feeds?
>
>A recent "break-in" on my home machine has left me a little gun shy
>and I'm nervous about what services to leave open.  At the moment
>I'm only game to open ssh and smtp.

Hi,

Here are two that come to mind off the top of my head.

http://www.securityfocus.com/ -  has bugtraq and some other security
mailing lists and can be high trafic.

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/ - has weekly newsletters showing you the
highlights of what is happening out there.

Both web sites also have articles on the regarding security.

Kind Regards,
Anthony Irwin