[H-GEN] hacking a DSL-G604T D-Link router

Nick Kwiatkowski nickolas at au1.ibm.com
Mon Jan 30 18:22:15 EST 2006

Troy Piggins wrote on 29/01/2006 05:06:15 PM:

> At home I have an ADSL router D-Link DSL-G604T.
>
> Frustrated with the router's web interface for firewall rules - like
> you can only add one port at a time for custom rules.  I want to
> open up about 15 ports for game server (don't ask about AUP).
>
> I can telnet to it as root (or admin) and notice it's running a
> BusyBox linux system, so I think to myself I can use a script to
> change the iptables rules myself.

Yes, it seems you can telnet script the G604T....
http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=110551&thread=502

> Anyone had any experiences with this?  Good or bad?
>
> The filesystem is read-only, so can't seem to make permanent
> changes.  How does the web interface remember changes?
>
> Should I just set up a cron script on my linux box on my LAN to
> telnet every so often and check/update rules?

Sorry, I don't know, yes the cron script would work, but a more elegant
solution would be nice. I only have a WRT54 at home to hack with.... but
the seattle wireless site has a fair bit of information and some links that
maybe helpful ... http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/DlinkDslG604t

Ciao,

Nik

Nickolas Kwiatkowski
IT Architect (Certified)
Architecture Services
Application Management Services
IBM Global Services, Brisbane, Australia
phone:  07 3213 2149,  mobile:  0412 121 276,  email:  nickolas at au1.ibm.com
"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" - Albert Einstein