[H-GEN] Needing glib 2.3 on an old RH 7.3 server

Arjen Lentz arjen at mysql.com
Fri Jan 20 20:59:43 EST 2006

Hi Ronald,

Ronald Bradford wrote:
> I have a production dedicate hosted server running RedHat 7.3 But now I
> need glib 2.3 for the lastest MySQL versions, and it seems that this
> clearly past the end of life for 7.3

Ehm, just grab different RPMs, not the ones with -glibc2.3 in the name,
as those as dynamically linked. The others are statically linked and
should be ok even on your old system.

> Could anybody offer advice or assistance for getting my 7.3 install to
> 9.  Seems a bit patchy the information I've found on the web.

RH9 was fairly evil, I wouldn't recommend it. And ancient anyway.
Better go to FC4 then.

Regards,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Community Relations Manager, MySQL AB
Program Chair, MySQL Users Conference

MySQL Users Conference 2006 (Santa Clara CA, 24-27 April)
http://www.mysqluc.com/