[H-GEN] Setting up NFSv4 server and client

Ewan Edwards Edwards_Ewan_B at cat.com
Thu Jan 5 03:04:22 EST 2006

Keep getting "Permission denied" when trying to mount the exported nfs
directory on the client.

Suspect it's a server config problem but don't know where.  The clue
for this is, no output at all from "exportfs -rv".

The /etc/exports file on the FC4 server (support3) looks like this.
/misc/VM   support*(rw,anonuid=500,anongid=500,sync,no_wdelay,nohide)
/misc/dl   support*(rw,anonuid=500,anongid=500,sync,no_wdelay,nohide)

The /etc/fstab entries on the client (support2) look like this.
support3:/misc/VM  /misc/VM       nfs4 rw,proto=tcp,soft,port=2049 0 0
support3:/misc/dl  /misc/download nfs4 rw,proto=tcp,soft,port=2049 0 0

I think/hope all the appropriate daemons are running; network, nfs,
nfslock, portmap, rpcidmapd.  Although, I read somewhere that portmap
isn't needed for nfs4, only earlier versions.  Port 2049:tcp has been
opened on both server and client firewalls.