[H-GEN] Re: HUMBUG exec meeting minutes 2006-02-11.

Raymond Smith raymond at humbug.org.au
Tue Feb 28 08:12:16 EST 2006

On Mon, Feb 27, 2006 at 03:08:17AM +1000, David Seikel wrote:
> Item 2: PO box keys.
>
> David Seikel and Timothy Hitchens have one of each of the two
> keys.  Timothy Hitchens says there is a low volume of mail.  Mark
> Suter says that the email notification of mail in the PO box thing is
> great, both of the Tim's agree.  It is agreed that there is no problems
> with the keys staying where they are.

Hopefully they've pinged you now that renewals are due...

> Item 4: Mailing list archive.
>
> The mailing list archive link on the HUMBUG website points to
> archive.humbug.org.au, a service run by one of our members (Bruce).
> David Seikel relays a request to change that link to point to archives
> kept internally by mailman.

Access to archive.humbug.org.au had been blocked due to a suspicion
that hackers may have been at work. This turned out to be false, but
hardware problems kept the site down. Usual service has been restored
as of tonight: praise be to BOFH Campbell and this email to reminding
me to check the firewall rules...

> Tony Bilbrough says changing archive is editing history - bad
> idea.

FWIW: I agree -- keep archive.

> (Secretaries note: at this point I am unsure which Tim is being quoted
> here, so I will leave it as written by Mark.)
>
> 	Tim: We get contacted about outages for archive.humbug.org.au
> 	Tim's suggestion - standard response letter
> 	Mark's suggestion - base to link to Bruce's.
> 	Mark then Tim - leave it with Bruce.
> 	no objections from anyone...

As a matter of interest -- did anyone actually talk to Bruce? Or log
a ticket with the HUMBUG sys admin team (who could then have talked
to Bruce)?

Cheers,

Raymond
raymond at humbug.org.au