[H-GEN] Activitives at Humbug

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Sun Feb 26 01:53:50 EST 2006

On Sun, 26 Feb 2006, Gary Curtis wrote:

> is a social event, and watching some geek, pommy humour is a
> social activity.  Watching four episodes in the one night was way
> too much.

May I ask what was shown?

> I do not favour banning video at meetings. I do think, however,
> that if people wish to watch more than [say] one 30 minute
> episode, they refrain from using the big screen.

Although I didn't attend I would have to agree with Gaz & Greg that only a
small amount of tv on the big screen be shown, that it is on topic and
that it is pre-announced.  Talks and tv on the big screen both take over
the room.

In the past people have played tv/videos on private monitors (often with
headphones on) and disruption has been minimal.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073
OpenTrend Solutions Ltd      Email:          support at opentrend.net
                              Web:            www.opentrend.net
We are open 24x365 for technical support.  Call us in a crisis.