[H-GEN] Mailing List and Web Archive Recommendations

Adrian Sutton adrian at symphonious.net
Thu Dec 21 00:45:14 EST 2006

> Personally, I'd stay away from Majordomo these days, it doesn't
> seem to be
> developed anymore.  Mailman seems to be quite good, I'm using it
> for over
> 1000 lists at work and it seems to handle it fine.

Went with mailman because I've used it more than Majordomo and I like
the easy HTML interface.

> The web archives that
> come with mailman are good enough for our use too - do you have any
> requirements that will make the included one not useable?

Well I don't, but my CEO wants a forum and I want to avoid a forum so
the reading experience needs to be forum quality - just without the
ability to post.  The most important thing is search which mailman
doesn't have built in. Debian seems to have a package for lurker
which has search and looks fairly pretty so I'll check it out and see
if it will work. I'll probably wind up setting up an external archive
as well to give people options.

Regards,

Adrian Sutton
http://www.symphonious.net