[H-GEN] agm agenda

Robert Brockway rbrockway at opentrend.net
Thu Aug 31 00:30:11 EDT 2006

On Thu, 31 Aug 2006, Elspeth Thorne wrote:

> Can you also arrive early? There's currently a dual requirement there, not
> only for set up, but for exec meetings, which are traditionally held either
> at the start or just before the humbug meetings. You've stated previously
> that your usual arrival time is late, much later than the arrival time of
> many members (from personal observation). This obviously disqualifies you
> from being able to fufil exec duties, unless you are willing to arrive early
> ... and see above comment about subsequent length of meeting.

IMHO this gets to the core of the problem.  So much is expected of the
executive - a mere 5 humans.  I've never seen the need to restrict opening
and closing of meetings to elected members.  Before about 7 or 8 years ago
appointed members fulfilled this task without any problems.

Rob

--
Robert Brockway B.Sc.        Phone:          +1-905-821-2327
Senior Technical Consultant  Urgent Support: +1-416-669-3073
OpenTrend Solutions Ltd      Email:          support at opentrend.net
                              Web:            www.opentrend.net