[H-GEN] Tools to convert raw data to Graphic

Christopher LeMoyne christopher_lemoyne at yahoo.com.au
Mon Aug 21 07:59:53 EDT 2006

Kelvin Heng wrote:

> Hi guys,
> I am using cygwin on my windows machine, I understand that there are
> tools available on Unix/Linux that can be used to convert raw data
> (e.g. text files) into graphical display (e.g. jpeg).
>
> My objective is to convert my daily IDS logs in graphs so that I can
> see the top 10 attacks for each day and publish them thru webpage for
> display.
>
> Anyone got a good solution? Please advise if you have.
>
> Thanks in advance :p
>
> Regards,
> Kelvin Heng
> Have A Nice Day!

http://freshmeat.net/projects/ilib/
"Ilib is an image manipulation library for developers. It's capable of
reading and writing images (PPM/PGM, PNG, JPEG, GIF, XPM, BMP) and many
drawing functions including drawing lines and text using any BDF (X11)
font. It's great for generating GIFs/PNGs from a CGI or generating
graphs. Ilib includes sample applications for generating graphs for HTTP
access.log files and QuakeWorld server frag log files and a tool for
creating image indices from a group of images."

Not sure how this will work under cygwin (if at all), as I've not used
cygwin extensively.

Regards,
Christopher