[H-GEN] gnucash install prblems

Paul Clarke paul at sitedynamics.com.au
Tue Aug 1 04:11:58 EDT 2006

Hi all,

Running Ubuntu 6.06 LTS - the Dapper Drake

There is no .deb for GNUCash2 so I'm having to do my 2nd manual install!

I have corrected (installed) a few requirements all ready but these two
are causing a few problems.

Running sudo ./configure returns

checking for GLIB - version >= 2.4.0...
*** 'pkg-config --modversion glib-2.0' returned 2.12.1, but GLIB (2.10.3)
*** was found! If pkg-config was correct, then it is best
*** to remove the old version of GLib. You may also be able to fix the error
*** by modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH enviroment variable, or by editing
*** /etc/ld.so.conf. Make sure you have run ldconfig if that is
*** required on your system.
*** If pkg-config was wrong, set the environment variable PKG_CONFIG_PATH
*** to point to the correct configuration files

Initially I didn't have GLIB installed so I installed it, then I started
getting the above error, after looking through the configure script I
noticed the --disable-glibtest switch and as I now have GLIB installed
it should be OK but I would like to know:

a) how do I find and remove the old version
b) env doesn't list the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable and how do I modify it
anyway. ld.so.conf also doesn't exist

So running sudo ./configure --disable-glibtest now gives (problem 2)

checking for gconf-2.0 >= "2.0"... Package gconf-2.0 was not found in
the pkg-co nfig search path. Perhaps you should add the directory
containing `gconf-2.0.pc'  to the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable
No package 'gconf-2.0' found
configure: error: Library requirements (gconf-2.0 >= "2.0") not met;
consider ad justing the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your
libraries are in a nons tandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.

but apt-get install gconf2-common
gives gconf2-common is already the newest version.

Any ideas on this one?

Thanks

Paul