[H-GEN] Foregrounding a task

Geoff Shang geoff at hitsandpieces.net
Mon Apr 24 07:16:37 EDT 2006

Rick Phillips wrote:

> Try running the bash command "fg".  That should foreground any job
> running in background.

Unfortunately, since my host lost power and therefore my remote login died,
I no longer have access to the instance of the shell from which I ran the
command.  I'm in fact quite surprised that the process was still active
after my host came back up again.

For the record, it no longer shows up in "ps aux", so presumably the shell
finally died.  So further discussion is somewhat academic, though I'd still
like to know if there's a way to do this.  I've also managed to replicate
the work in 1/3 the time it took to originally do.  And yes, it's saved.

Geoff.