[H-GEN] gmail won't let me talk to myself.

David Seikel onefang at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 20:30:53 EDT 2005

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 10:12:03 +1000 Gary Curtis <gazilla at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 30/09/05, David Seikel <onefang at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > After some testing I found out that gmail quietly extracts any email
> > that I sent from my inbox, thus I don't get any posts that I send.
> >
> > I haven't found any option to turn this behaviour off.  How does
> > everybody else with a gmail account deal with this?
>
> Could you not just BCC yourself (he says as he clicks on BCC)...

If I could automate that easily...

I just complained to gmail to add a config option to turn off that
behaviour.  I would prefer to just click on the "don't strip your own
emails" button than use ugly hacks like BCCing to myself.

However, for the sake of experimenting, this email is BCC'ed to myself.